Thursday, October 7, 2010

Expensive Souvineer

Still in Prague, but this is my last full day here. My brain is getting a little frazzled from all of this fun I am having! The last two nights, I was out until 6am or later, and I have slept just under 4 hours. Surprisingly, not tired, as my afternoons have been full of laziness.

I have seen most of the sights I want to see in Prague so far, so I feel good on that account. Went to a famous bridge, made with eggshells which supposedly saved the bridge from washing away during some watery disaster. In my tired brain, I can't think of much else historical. Most of my memories of Prague will be from the people I have gone out with. My hostel is the best I have stayed at so far; kids are nice, always want to go out, and it's really safe here. Went to a club full of young people, too young in my opinion; didn't really like it except for the club itself. The Cross Club is filled with steel creations and slowing running engines moving other steel, purely aesthetic contraptions. We stayed at a table where you have to crouch going up a stair, squeeze around a concrete wall, and cram into a few seats. Good vibe.

Yesterday was a different story. I got fined by the Prague transit people for not having a ticket on the tram. His wa rig away as I tagged along to the bus station with a group of fellow travelers. 700 kroner, which hurt at the time, but as I think in it, that's $20? Little more? Not he worst thing in the world. An expensive piece of paper to save for later. Really a neat bonding experience, though; the four of us hung out th rest of the day and night, drinking away the night. That will probably be my main memory of Prague, and it really is a good one.

Booked a place in Hamburg, Germany. I have two nights books there so far, starting the 8th. Headed to the club where the Beatles played their first big gig, and just check out the north of Germany. I'm looking forward to German breakfast, again; they are the breakfast kings.

-Dyl

P.S. - Prague has not been sunny once whilst in have been here. Not a bad thing, really; something about this city seems to come out in the gloom. The people seem. . .the word defeated comes to mind first, but that's not quite it. More of an air of accepting the things hat really matter (health, family, sex) and ignoring the other parts which aren't as important, and which aren't as widespread as in western Europe (wealth, affluence). These are good people here in Czech, and they have won my heart. This is be my favorite city I have been so far.

1 comment:

  1. Hamburg sounds lovely, take time to visit the fish market. Glad you are having a fun time with new friends. :)

    ReplyDelete