Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fire. Fire! Firenze!!!

We saw a mime today, in the piazza del Duomo. I wish we could have stayed. . .he was a good mike, a fun mime, but Kristi would have got annoyed.

Dunno why that sticks out in my mind, but that's the first thing I remember about today. We are in Florence, Firenze, now and this is without a doubt the best city we have been to so far. The atmosphere, the wonderful food, and the gorgeous landscape, it all adds up to amazing. We arrived at noonish, and walked to our hostel, which is more pike a house that rents the bedrooms. . .better, I think. We have a key, and a private room, and wonderful central accomodations. Ate lunch at "The William," a wonderful little place near the university, where all of the students eat. Had a steak and a beer. . .one of the best meals I've had.

We went shopping in the amazing shopping that exists here in Firenze. Leather goods today, mostly; I a journal, K a bag. Oh, and she got an amazing leather coat. . .from Lorenzo Leathers, a little ma-and-pa leather shop thar opperates in the main bazaar of this city. She looks. . .stunning in the coat; we're headed back tomorrow to see if I can fins one that suits me.

Met two wonderful people at dinner tonight, in a restaurant called "Zio Gigi," or Uncle Gigi. The restaurant had gotten full, and K and I were seated at a four person table, so we offered the two extra seats to the next customers in line, Tom and Sara(h?). Wonderful people, very fun; we bonded instantly. K and I ended up staying for a few extra hours to chat with these two, and to plan dinner for tomorrow night. Dammit, I love meeting people, and I love this trip!

We're headed to sleep now, off to adventure and wonder exploring Firenze tomorrow. Duomo, perhaps; museum, perhaps - we won't know til morning.

-Dyl

P.S. - This town is absolutely the best we've been to so far. If there were any place in Italy that I would consider living, it would be here in Firenze.

2 comments:

  1. Steak and beer and shopping and new friends. Awesome! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like each place you visit gets better and better. I'm guessing a lot of that is you, getting used to a new continent and way of life. It all sounds awesome and I'm so happy you get to have this experience. Enjoy it all... soak it up... it doesn't get much better that this!

    ReplyDelete