Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pizza in Napoli

Wow, so Napoli (naples) is a super awesome city.  Much better than Rome.

Kristi and I got here a few nights ago, and we found our Hostel just outside our train stop, just up a hill.  My oh my, what a view from. . .well, really anywhere in the city.  Towering mountains in the distance, surrounded by gorgeous waters and ships, all surrounded by the fantastic buildings climbing the cliffs.  Incredible, and breathtaking.  The atmosphere here is wonderful, too; everyone is quite relaxed, and not worried about too much.  Oh, and its HOT here.  Maybe high 80's, low 90's, and little to no wind.  I'm a bit sad that I only brought one pair of shorts.

K and I went to Pompeii yesterday.  Very hot, very muggy, but fascinating.  Took about 45 minutes from the main train station to get there, and by that time it was 11ish.  We got in, and started poking around, finding the city of Pompeii to be, well, a city.  The place was huge!  It took quite a while to walk from one side to the other, maybe 30 minutes, and there were thousands of things to see along the way.  Very amazing.  Pictures galore.

K and I have a day to wander the streets of Napoli, perhaps to see a castle, before we will take the night train to Milan.  Then, we train to Florence, and spend a good while there, basking in the sun and culture.  Our next place has free wifi, so perhaps I will be able to update more frequently. . .

-Dyl

P.S. - If you want to leave me a comment, that might be the easiest way to get ahold of me, or leave me a message. . .do it, if you so desire!

2 comments:

  1. Your trip sounds amazing! Hope you guys are having fun! Rina raised the question of who is paying for your bills while you're gone, as your Xcel bill showed up. Otherwise, the cats are getting lots of attention, and they actually like us now haha. Keep the blog updated, we like knowing you're alive heh. Talk to you later

    -Z and I

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Z and I: the bills are automatic, we just never bothered to go paperless. Kristi is sooooooo happy that the kitties are okay, and she misses them. . .constantly. You guys can open the bills if you want, just to check if they are okay; if they aren't, post on here, please, and we will take care of it.

    ReplyDelete