Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Germany is Full of Rain

Germany! That's where I am, and yes, it is very rainy here. Right now, I am sitting in my hostel's kitchen area waiting for my room to be ready; I have three separate rooms booked at this place, so I have to move each afternoon.

Boo.

Oh well, at least I have a bed. It seems like every place here in Germany (or at least around Munich) is booked full, for Oktoberfest. Have yet to go there, but I'm totally excited.

So I am on my own, as I have failed to mention earlier in this post. I have another few weeks here in Europe, and I already know that I won't want to leave when the time comes. In Germany, for example, EVERYONE has been super-nice and accommodating, and just plain helpful. Went out to a bar last night with some hostel-mates, and we had no idea where to go; we just asked some German passersby, and ended up drinking with them in some nice bar. Totally a sweet night, too; and the beer here. . .phew, I looooove German beer.

So it looks like I will be going to Prague this weekend, or perhaps another part of Germany. Oktoberfestfever has taken over the entire southern part of the country, and I don't think I will be able to find a cheap place to stay. I'm excited for Prague, gaunna be a pretty city. . .and cheap, I've heard. I'll let you guys know more when I know, but it's off to see if my room is ready.

-Dyl

P.S. - The hostel here is Augsberg is by FAR the best place I've stayed here in Europe (except for our actual hotel in Switzerland). Amazing staff, sweet beds (nice and hard where they need to be, and soft everywhere else), and clean. This is a nice place, and i would recommend it to anyone hosteling in Germany: it's called Ubernacht. Check it out!

3 comments:

  1. I liked Germany too - clean and friendly, especially with a name like BAUER! Was it hard to see Kristi off? I bet your cats were glad to see her. Enjoy Oktoberfest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dylan, tell us about your hostel mates. Are you meeting other Americans? Britts? Do lots of folks speak English?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prague is amazing, my sister loved it. You should check out the astronomical clock and the architecture in general is gorgeous. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete